PLEASE NOTE: Once you have registered, we will need to approve you to add events. This means one of our editors will have to confirm your registry, you cannot add events otherwise! Please await an email letting you know you've been approved, you will not be able to add events before then!
We’re delighted you have registered on OneStopArts and let us know that you would like to add events to our database. Let us explain how our system works - please note that the guidelines below are all in order to keep our database clean and avoid duplication and incorrect data.
Just to make sure - you should now have a username and password on OneStopArts, set by yourself, which will allow you to Log In (in the top right hand corner). If either of these are incorrect, you have the ability to change your email address (also your username) and your password by clicking on the Log In button and choosing either option.
So, you should now be a site contributor (as we have approved your request to add listings), so let’s get you started.
Free or Premium?
Adding listings to OneStopArts is FREE. There is no cost attached to adding basic event information - time/place/date and a description.
If you would like your event to have pictures, video and booking information, you will need to purchase Premium Listings - this costs £25 per event (or £60 per year, for all listings added). Premium Listings also appear higher in search and you can add an image to the search listing (so your image appears in search instead of our basic blue box).
Please contact Chris Hislop (Sales and Marketing Executive) to purchase Premium Listings on 02083472923 or at chris.hislop (@) bachtrack.com.
How to add events
Let's run you through how to enter all of the data about your event - please note that we still have to approve a listing before it is live on site!
On the right hand side of the site, beneath the two ad boxes, you will now see that you have a Listings Menu. Click on Add new listing.
You will now need to select the venue where your event is taking place, and the date when it is taking place. If your venue is not listed, you will see another option in the Listings Menu called Add a Venue - this is detailed below.
If we already have an event listed at the same venue at the same time, you will see a list of potential events you might be duplicating - PLEASE DO NOT DUPLICATE EVENTS! If your event is already listed, please contact us so that we can give you ownership of the event and you can edit it.
You will now be on the Main tab of our Add a Listing page, where you can enter all of the information about your event.
- Category: what section of the site you’d like your event listed. Please note that if the category you are looking for (ie. comedy) does not exist, it is because we don’t list events in that category - so please don’t add the events, we will not approve them.
- Venue and Start Date: should already be filled with the information you gave earlier - make sure those are correct.
- Repeat type: Choose from the following options:
- Single for a one-off event - the date should already be given.
- Daily for an event or exhibition which takes place every day - an End Date bar will appear, please add the end date so the listing lists the entireity of the run.
- Weekly for an event or exhibition that happens one the same days each week - an End Date bar will appear, as will a selection of Week Day tick-boxes, please add the end date and what week days your event runs on.
- Multiple for an event or exhibition which has several performances on different dates - a bar marked Occurances will appear, please add each individual occurance with a date and a time.
- Running time: how long your event will last.
- Name: what your event is called. Please note that this is the name that will appear in site search.
- Description: A brief description of your event, up to 500 words.
- If you are copy-pasting text from a word processor, we recommend open-format pasting: Control + Shift + ”V” instead of Control + “V” - as this removes formatting that may look strange on OneStopArts, then editing within the text box given.
- DO NOT add booking links, contact information, pictures, website addresses or video - these are all covered by Premium Listings (as described above), which carry a small cost. These will be removed from your events and we will reject your listings - you will be asked to resubmit with the links removed.
- Teaser text: this will appear if your search listing is hovered over. Please keep to 60 words - you needn’t put time/date/venue information, that will all be there automatically.
- Listings Tags: you may add up to 5 listings tags - the Tag Name allows you to tag something specific (ie Playwright or Artist or Actor), and the Tag Value is whatever you choose. These tags will collect your listings with others that are tagged the same (ie ‘Free’ or ’Playwright: Shakespeare) and increase search visibility.
Once you are finished, click Submit, and one of our editors will approve the listing before it is live - if they have any questions, they may contact you to ensure that everything is accurate. If we Reject your listing, it is because you have done something incorrectly - we will make basic changes to fit our site guidelines, but otherwise will reject listings with a comment in the Description section - please follow the comment to fix the listing, then Resubmit.
PLEASE NOTE: The following are NOT ALLOWED:
- Ticket Information: This is a paid for option, and has a separate entry form. You cannot add booking links, booking hotlines, prices, any box office information or the like.
- Contact Information: We do not allow contact information to be placed on a listing.
- Web Links: We do not allow links added in body text.
- Image/Video Content: This is a paid for option, and has a separate entry form.
Any such content will be deleted.
How to add Premium Events
If you have purchased Premium Listings, you will have access to the Premium tab at the top of the Add New Listing page.
- Ticketing Link: a link to where people can buy tickets for your event.
- You can choose if this applies to a specific date/time,
- Please add the link itself, including http://
- Please mark which customer account this applies to (ie. if you work for multiple venues/companies, which one has paid for this Premium Listing), otherwise make sure it contains your username.
- You can also choose to embargo ticket offers until a certain date - ie. not have the ticket offers showing until a certain date on OneStopArts.
- Carousel Images: the carousel is the rotating selection of images at the top right of the page - you can add up to three carousel images with a Premium Listing.
- For each image you will be asked to give a caption and a credit, as well as a description.
- You can then upload your images - please note that images can be no larger than 620 pixels wide and 372 pixels tall - absolute maximum. If your images are different sizes, please use a photo-editor (Gimp and Paint.Net are two good free options) to make them the correct size.
- Once you have uploaded the images AND saved the listing as a draft, when you edit the existing images you can use our site image editor to zoom and pan if images are not quite right.
- Youtube Code: if you’d like a video INSTEAD of the rotating carousel of images, please upload a video to Youtube and then copy the letter string at the end of the embed code into this box.
- Thumbnail Image: this image will appear in search listings instead of our basic blue box.
- Please note that images MUST BE 100 pixels wide by 150 pixels tall.
- We recommend that your image contains the name of the event, as otherwise readers would have to hover their mouse over the image to see what it is for.
- You may also add a caption and credit for the thumbnail.
- Embargo: the ability to embargo your event. This allows you to hide your listings until a certain date - your event will not be visible on site until the embargo date.
All of these options are only available if you purchase Premium Listings!
Managing/Editing your Events
On the right hand side of the site, below the two ad boxes, is your Listings Menu. Apart from Add New Listing, which is covered above, you have the following options.
- My listings: this shows you a list of all of your listings, where you can view and edit all of them by clicking View on the left hand side. To edit existing listings, View the listing from this list, then click Edit underneath the right hand ad boxes. Please note that all changes must be Submitted and Approved by an editor!
- My venues: this shows you a list of venues you have added - see below how to do that! Again, you can view and edit by clicking View on the left hand side, but please note that edits must all be Submitted and Approved by an editor.
- Add a venue: if your venue does not appear in our database, you can add it here. Clicking Add a Venue will take you to a page asking for the venue name - if you enter a name already in our database, we will ask you to confirm that it does not exist yet before adding it!
- After confirming it does not exist, you will be on our Add a Venue page. The Name box will already be filled.
- Address: Please enter a postal address, not including ‘London’ or a post code.
- Post Code: Please enter a post code.
- Map Coordinates: the box above the map should now be filled with the data you entered, click Find Address and hope Google Maps finds it! If not, you can find it manually by panning and clicking, please make sure the red marker is in the right place before continuing. You can also enter Latitude and Longitude.
- Neighbourhood: Please leave this blank and we will fill it in! It’s for future site functionality.
- Area: Please leave this blank and we will fill it in! It’s for future site functionality.
- Info: a free text space to fill in additional information, including access details, travel suggestions, etc. However, this is NOT a space for links, phone numbers and booking information - that is covered by Premium Listings.
- Short Name: if the venue has a long name, it might be preferable to add an acronym or a short name for ease of search.
- Again, you will need to Submit the venue and an editor will have to Approve it before it is visible on site.
- Listings control panel: finally, this control panel is an easy way to keep track of your listings: you will be able to see your saved drafts (the number under Draft), which ones you have submitted but we haven’t approved yet (the number under Submitted), which ones have been approved (the number under Approved), as well as rejections, amendments and so on - all accessible by clicking on the number below each heading.
If you have any questions about any of the above, please do not hesitate to contact Chris Hislop (Sales and Marketing Executive) on 02083472923 or at chris.hislop (@) bachtrack.com.
Please note: We care deeply about keeping our database clean and we expect all of our users to respect this fact. We reserve the right to remove inputting privileges from anyone who flouts the above guidelines!